Under limited supervision, provides patient support services that are both efficient and caring. Acts as a liaison between clients, faculty and staff. Conducts a variety of administrative activities related to the efficient operation of an organizational
program and/or department.
ONLY Dental Hygienist or CDA Certified or Expanded functions Maryland Licensed Dental Assistants with five years experience in clinical dentistry will be considered.
This position is strictly an administrative position, not a clinical position.
- Acts as a patient advocate, acquainting patients with policies and procedures relevant to their care and helping them navigate the system as necessary. Responds to patient concerns and forwards concerns to program director as necessary.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external phone inquiries regarding information, treatment, and special needs.
- Provides individualized coordination of care; when necessary, reviews chart to monitor patient clinical progress. Enters relevant information into Axim database.
- Assesses outcomes of care; analyze complaints to determine trends. Surveys patients via questionnaires; surveys dentists to determine how we can better serve our referring dentists.
- Audits and reviews patient charts to ensure proper protocol is being followed. Determines case status and inactivates, refers, or transfers, as required.
- Facilitates patient referrals for specialty treatments.
- Helps to coordinates necessary activities for patients scheduled for sedation and general anesthesia.
- Meets with students on a regular basis to assists with patient management.
- Serves as a team leader in coordinating complex cases among providers and specialty clinics.
- Develops and maintains databases used to collect and analyze data. Monitor and evaluate program operating policies and procedures.
- Comply with specific department needs to maintain efficient patient database.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to independently perform specialized tasks following stated procedures.
- Skill in applying basic analytical skills to problems where clear precedent may not exist.
- Skill in exercising initiative, resourcefulness, and sound judgment with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Skill in organizing and executing multiple assignments under specific time constraints.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as assigned daily tasks necessary to implementing a specific program.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- Ability to interpret and apply departmental policies and procedures to everyday situations.
- Ability to establish and evaluate clerical methods and procedures; to negotiate resolution to scheduling and procedural problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships.
CDA Certified or Expanded fuctions Maryland Licensed Dental Assistant with five years experience in clinical dentisty will be considered. Must be able to read and interpret dental radiographs
Registered Dental Hygiene licensure
Minimum associate degree and five years’ experience in clinical dentistry.
Excellent English oral and written communications skills requried. Knowledge of enterprise-wide computer applications
Excellent English oral and written communications skills. Knowledge of enterprise-wide computer applications.
Incumbents must be available as dictated by the business needs of the programs.
This job description is designed to give an outline of what job duties are expected of this position. As an outline it does not fully describe or limit the extent of the position’s duties. The Corporation and its supervisors may amend the job description
as it deems necessary, without advance notice. The job description is not intended to create an employment contract and should not be construed as such
Starting salary is $22.50 an hour
U.M. FDSP Associates. P.A. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.