Under limited supervision and at direction of CMS/CS Director manages day to day operations of sterile processing across all shifts.
Primary contact of multi-site activities including material requirements, personnel management, technical direction, maintenance within standards applicable to AAMI, JC, OSAP, ADA.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Supervises Central Sterile Processing Department staff ensuring maximum productivity and effectiveness. Responsible for staffing, evaluating work performance and corrective action as appropriate in accordance with established policies.
2. Schedules staff coverage for multi-site service areas. Matches workload and technical requirements of each work center with available worker skill sets. Monitors activities in the evening shift to ensure adequate work flow and to allow for rapid adjustments
as indicated ensuring rapid response.
3. Performs performance evaluations of assigned CMS/CS employees according to UMSOD-FDSP policies and procedures.
4. Ensure that staff is oriented and trained to meet competencies established within the department and dentistry mandatory requirements.
5. Supervises all decontamination and sterilization processing producing results in conformance with UMSOD-FDSP and departmental goals and objectives.
6. Ensure the timeliness of instrumentation turnover, coordinates with clinics with regard to instrument replacement, functionality and set completeness.
7. Ensure that CMS/CS patient care equipment and distribution equipment is properly maintained; ensure that all department processing equipment is operating as required.
8. May be assigned appropriate record keeping and record retention processes.
9. Responsible for adequate and timely delivery of instrumentation from CS to clinical areas, and for maintaining proper inventory levels to meet user demands.
10. Monitor and ensure daily operational compliance with the standards governing sterile processing activities
11. Works with Quality Coordinator to Incorporates standards into a comprehensive developmental quality assurance program.
12. Works with CMS/CS department to monitor staff training program. Ensure all staff is knowledgeable as to applicable standards, procedures and safety requirements.
13. Keeps current with trends and advances in methods of sterile processing by attending training sessions or professional forums and/or reading health care literature.
14. Monitors the performance and operation of the multi-site work locations during the evening and occasional weekend hours.
15. As assigned by the CMS/CS Director develops and/or revises department operating policies and procedures; responsible for keeping departmental policies current to satisfy dentistry regulatory agency requirements.
Micro Soft Office suite
Lean Six Sigma
ISO/International Organization for Standardization
Temperature Mapping of Autoclaves and Sterilizers
At least three years supervisory experience
Minimum combination of five (5) years’ experience as a supervisor and/or central sterile processing required
five (5) years’ experience as a supervisor and/or central sterile processing
Bachelor’s Degree in a health care related discipline
Ability to perform employee performance evaluations
Ability to train staff to meet competencies established within the department and dentistry mandatory requirements
Knowledgeable of decontamination and sterilization processing procedures
Ability to ensure that patient care equipment and distribution equipment is properly maintained
U.M. FDSP Associates. P.A. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.