The Spanish Bilingual Interpreter provides interpretation and translation as needed in the various clinics for our Spanish-speaking patients. The Incumbent will provide clerical support for dental clinic operations as needed for front desk and call center that includes and not limited to scheduling and confirming appointments and working directly with patients, residents, pre-doctoral students and staff.Please note this is a temporary position
· Orally interpret and translate conversations inSpanish to provide accurate communication between our Spanish-speaking patientsand non-Spanish speaking providers.
· Responsible for floating between clinics toprovide support for those who need an interpreter.
· Responsible for telephone coverage of the frontdesk, operating paging system, taking and distributing messages, and answeringall callers’ questions.
· Provides excellent customer service to patientsarriving for appointments. Pages faculty, students and staff to inform them of patientarrival.
· Schedules appointments to accommodate patients; resolvesscheduling conflicts and fits in emergency appointments. Confirms appointments with patients for thenext business day.
· Verifies contact information and that insuranceor medical assistance are still in force. Gets insurance pre-authorization of coverage. Informs patient of today's charges and anyprevious balance due before any service is rendered.
· Requests payment for any procedures inaccordance with the University of Maryland Dental School's policies andprocedures guidelines. Responds toinquires about patient's account. Requests payment when account is delinquent;may assist Patient Account Specialist to correct errors when necessary.
· Handles day-to-day payment transactions: makes change;receives checks; processes credit card transactions; issues receipts; validatesparking.
· Processes and reconciles daily receipt withAxiUM daily ledger and deposit receipts into the night deposit box.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is toprovide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities ofthis job. Incumbents perform otherrelated duties assigned. Specific dutiesand responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Must fluently speak and understand Spanish and English. Knowledge of standard office procedures; mustbe able to operate computer and other office machines, such as fax, calculator,answering telephones, as well greeting visitors and so on. Skill in filing documents according toalphabetic and numeric sequences; in operating manual and automated officeequipment; Ability to apply close attention to detail in performing routineclerical tasks. Ability to follow oraland written instructions. Ability tomaintain effective work relationships.
This is a temporary position
This job description is designed to give an outline ofwhat job duties are expected of this position. As an outline, it does not fully describe or limit the extent of theposition’s duties. UM FDSP AssociatesP.A. and its supervisors may amend the job description, as it deems necessary,without advance notice. The jobdescription is not intend to create an employment contract and should not beconstrued as such.
U.M. FDSP Associates. P.A. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.